Green Building takes some additional effort and, in some cases, the initial costs can be somewhat higher. So why would you want to do this? Let’s look at the benefits to you and your family to undertake this type of construction. The EPA & Green Building
Dollar savings today and into the future
- Using energy efficient appliances and durable building materials will reduce the ongoing operating cost of your home by using less energy and water
- Improve your productivity while at home by reducing the amount of time you spend maintaining your home.
- Take advantage of possible tax cuts through the Federal Residential Energy Efficiency tax as well possibly your local power company.
- Increase the value of your home by utilizing green building techniques which decrease your ongoing energy and maintenance costs. 96% of homebuyers said they are willing to pay more for a home with building green features.
A healthier and more comfortable home for you and your family
- The EPA ranks indoor air quality among the top 5 environmental risks. Enhance the comfort and health of you and your family through improved air quality.
- Many families are learning they can minimize the strain on the local communities for utilities and natural resources by building green.
- Improve your overall quality of life by living in an environment which contributes to the health of your and your family.
Protect and improve the world around you
- You and your family can enhance and protect a diverse number of ecosystems by reducing your impact on them through the planning and design of your dream home.
- Your actions impact the air and water quality outside your home. You can have a positive impact by building green.
- Reduce waste both during construction as well as after you have moved into your dream home by practicing a few simple recycling principles.
- Many home owners have found they can conserve and restore natural resources by careful selection of the materials used in their homes.
Using Green Building principles and techniques is a long term investment that continues to payoff for you, your family and the environment in which you live.