MAY 22, 2018
Hilton Garden Inn Houston-Pearland
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM CDT
Serving the Greater Houston Area
UBuildIt Clients Say it Best
“UBuildIt is a unique residential construction model where the homeowner is the project manager, site superintendent, and has many GC functions. Essentially UBuildIt provides the sub network, the bank interface and consulting/expertise as needed. The Houston Franchise is owned by Mark Jeffrey. For those willing to give it the time and take on the learning, this approach works. The Houston UBuildIt team resources are top notch – thanks to Mark, Annette and Paul for all the expertise, mentoring and patience along the way!” Ron – Check out my Blog on our home project and my home below
Miracle by the Sea! A success story in video form. Check out this beautiful home on the left; built with the help of UBuildIt! Click here “I want to thank UBuildIt for all their help with helping me get my house built. I couldn’t have done it without you.
You made the whole building process seem so easy and definitely saved a lot of $$$$. Till next time! Cheers! ” – Steve M.
Client Success Story! Sue built two homes for her daughters, next door to each other, in a gated community on the west side of Houston. “The houses cost approximately $539,000 each to build. Also, we put berms in the yards and mega plants and trees. We put in the sprinkler systems and we had to add a grinder pump. None of this was in the budget numbers. The culvert was not in the budget either.There were tap fees, road usage fees, etc. I had the soil tested within the footprint of each house to be sure it was compacted properly. I also had the concrete tested from each delivery truck to be sure the proper psi was achieved before I would let them pour…….. They were so worried I would refuse a concrete truck that doesn’t have the right mix. The houses are sitting on foundations that far surpasses the requirements. All of these costs plus others I can’t think of right now are included in the $539,000″
Living Area 1st Floor = 3967
Living Area 2nd Floor = 1653
Converted Attic Space = 556
Garage, Porches, Lanai = 1,954
Total = 8,130 price per foot = $539,000/(3967 + 1653 + 556) = $87.27/sq.ft.
Living Area 1st Floor = 3794
Living Area 2nd Floor = 1851
Converted Attic Space = 580
Garage, Porches, Lanai = 1,746
Total = 7,971 price per foot = $539,000/(3794 + 1851 + 580) = $86.58/sq.ft.
More Client Raves! “Words simply cannot express my appreciation and gratitude! In a world of countless compromises, it is refreshing to deal with an organization with the attention to detail, level of professionalism, and a commitment to excellence. Add integrity that is second to none and one has the receipe for an organization that is destined for stellar success” Thank you!! Steve – Clear Lake Shores.
UBuildIt – Houston is located at the corner of Westheimer and Loop 610 in the Beal Bank Building, next door to the Container Store. We work with families in the Greater Houston Area on new construction as well as major remodeling and additions. We have completed projects in areas such as West University, Bellaire, Spring Valley, The Heights, Montrose, Downtown Houston, Garden Oaks, Magnolia, Waller, Richmond, Galveston, Pearland, Suncreek Estates, Bender’s Landing, Pasadena, Clear Lake, Friendswood, Katy, and many, many others.
We recommend that people interested in UBuildIt come in and meet with us very early in the process. We understand all of the issues that should be considered in a project, including finding lots/land, arranging financing, and selecting plans or working with an architect. We remind our clients that “architects know what it costs to “architect” and builders know what it costs to build”. This is our way of saying that we can help make sure that you are selecting a plan or designing a home that will fit your budget. So, give us a call and come meet with us. We will start you off on the right foot and probably save you a lot of time and money just from the first meeting.
Current UBuildIt-Houston Projects
We currently have active projects all over the Greater Houston Area. Here are a few examples:
- Constellation Point on Clear Lake – This is a showcase home with 180 degree views of Clear Lake. The home is over 6000 sq ft and has a third floor observation deck, wine cellar, walls of glass, etc.
- West University on Sunset Blvd. –This French design has over 6300 sq ft and was constructed using Insulated Concrete Forms for strength and energy efficiency. It was featured on ABC 13 news.
- The Heights – A 3500 sq ft Victorian two story on a beautiful street in the Heights with a garage apartment accessed from the street behind them. This spec home sold for over $100,000 above cost.
- Bellaire – This Spanish Mediterranean stunner is under way on a large lot just outside the 610 Loop. It is around 5500 sq ft and has appraised at $1.2 Million with over $250,000 in equity!
- Memorial Park – This spec home, currently in design, will be Mediterranean architecture at around 7000 sq ft.
- Spring Valley – Just completed and sold on Voss Road just north of I-10. It is around 4500 sq ft and has many, many custom features! It sold for well over $100,000 profit.
- Bender’s Landing near the Woodlands – This recently completed Mediterranean home is over 5000 sq ft and would look great in Architectural Digest. It was constructed with Insulated Concrete Forms too. We have now done 4 ICF homes recently and more are being designed.
- Waller – This Texas Hill Country design is located in a gated community on 5 acres and comes complete with a helicopter pad. It is covered in Texas limestone, lots of limestone, to cover the 6500 sq ft.
- Clear Lake Shores – With a water view of Clear Lake and 5 minutes from Kemah, this beach style home of over 3000 sq ft was completed for under $85/sq ft. See Steve’s testimonial.
- Sienna Point – Over 4000 sq ft Mediterranean design on 2 acres in this exclusive acreage community. It appraised at over $100,000 in equity.
- Cottage Grove – A young, single man is building two patio homes, each around 2200 sq ft, as an investment project and expects to net over $150,000 profit.
- Museum District – A couple is building 3 three story patio homes on a 6000 sq ft lot, with elevators and roof balconies for a view of downtown. They will live in one and sell the other two and expect a profit of $100,000 on each.
- Lake Livingston – This weekend retreat of around 2800 sq ft will eventually become their retirement home.